Video is a mandatory part of the application. Please pay attention to the following when you make the video.
Video prerequisite: Points to note
Making the video
1. The aim of the video is to help the evaluators understand the problem and the solution clearly.
2. It is important that they see and hear hear the applicant speak.
3. No complex editing or professional film is required. It can be a simple video shot with a smartphone or a camera.
4. As far as possible only the applicant should be seen in the video. If others are helping with the instrument, holding something etc., that is acceptable.
5. While there can be animations in the film, a completely animated film will not be accepted
6. There should be no voice-over / another person speaking on behalf of the applicant / machine voice.
Hosting and sharing the video
1. The video can be hosted on any platform (ex. youtube, vimeo etc.) or in any cloud (ex. Google drive, Dropbox etc.). Do make sure that the video remains available there till the results are announced.
2. The link to the video should be shared on https://www.daad.de/surveys/986627?lang=en with the name and email id that was used to apply for the FWL India 2020.
The focus is the concept and communication. The video will be used only for shortlisting and will not be shared with anybody except with express consent of the applicant.
- Apply online at falling-walls.com/lab/apply
- FAQs about Falling Walls Lab
- In case of questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 24 May 2020
Lab India: 21 August 2020
Venue: Given the situation, the Lab will take place in an online format.
Falling Walls Lab is a unique competition that provides young researchers and entrepreneurs a platform to present their research project business plan or social initiative. The challenge is to present this in just 3 minutes!
Prize(s) – The prizes will change given the ongoing situation. The information will be posted here as the situation clears up.
When the event was planned, the following prizes were in place:
- Falling Walls Lab India 2020 Winner
The winner gets to compete with Falling Walls Lab winners (100 International winners!) from across the world at the global Lab finale that takes place in Berlin in November, and also gets a ticket to the prestigious Falling Walls Conference in Berlin where leaders from science, industry and policy-making meet.
- DAAD Entrepreneurship Prize 2020 Winner
The Lab will also function as the platform for the selection of the DAAD Entrepreneurship Prize 2020 winner from India. The prize consists of participation in the Innovation Week, a 5-day entrepreneurship boot camp in Germany organised and hosted by the DAAD.
The Falling Walls Lab India 2020 is being organised by the DAAD and DWIH New Delhi in partnership with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur.
Book an online appointment
Get answers to all your questions about studying in Germany!
Given the prevailing Covid situation, the DAAD offices are offering online appointments:
DAAD News Updates
Stay up to date on DAAD’s activities in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka – from news about scholarship programs to opportunities for study and research in Germany.
Indian Students in Germany