This programme aims to help students improve their knowledge of German and their cultural knowledge of the country. The programme funds participation in University Summer Courses i.e. HSK taught exclusively in German and are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and their affiliated language schools.
Applications are open to:
- students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area
- students pursuing Bachelor’s must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period. Final year Bachelor’s and Master’s students are not eligible.
- students having at least B1 level of German language proficiency as per CEFR. The language certificates usually accepted are onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut-Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat, and German Abitur (only for technical specialised language courses). The language certificate should be no more than two years old at the time of application.
For detailed formal eligibility criteria, please click HSK-Eligibility-Criteria-2020-2021
The scholarship includes a one off scholarship subsidy, travel allowance and health insurance.
Application deadline: 1 December 2020
For any further queries about HSK application process, eligibility criteria, documentation, deadline etc., please attend the web session on Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 15:00 h IST.
If you are in possession of a valid language certificate and fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned above, please visit the DAAD portal and apply online:
- Scholarship Announcement and Application for India
- Scholarship Announcement and Application for Sri Lanka
- Scholarship Announcement and Application for Bangladesh
Only for students from India: If you do not have a valid language certificate, please fill in the registration for German language certificate
Book an appointment
Get answers to all your questions about studying in Germany!
The DAAD offices are offering online as well as appointments:
DAAD News Updates
Stay up to date on DAAD’s activities in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka – from news about scholarship programs to opportunities for study and research in Germany.
Indian Students in Germany