You’ve been to Germany for study or research? You loved it?
Want to tell others how great it was?
Then become a DAAD Young Ambassador!
DAAD Young Ambassadors are students or young professionals who have studied or carried out research at a university or research institute in Germany (or are still doing that!) and are interested in promoting education in Germany. DAAD Young Ambassadors help inspire others to study in Germany by answering questions from students, organizing their own information events and by volunteering at student fairs and fests.
Through the DAAD Young Ambassadors Programme, selected candidates will be able to:
- keep their ties to Germany alive
- hone their presentation and organizational skills
- make a difference in something they feel strongly about.
You are an ideal candidate for the DAAD Young Ambassadors Programme if you:
- have studied or carried out research in Germany or are currently studying or researching there
- are a citizen of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal or Sri Lanka
- are below 32 years of age
- are willing to promote studying in Germany through or in your nertworks
- can speak enthusiastically about your experiences in Germany in front of others
- are willing and able to attend the Young Ambassadors Training Workshop which will take place online in August/September 2022
As a DAAD Young Ambassador you:
- are expected to organize at least two events about study and research opportunities in Germany
- should also be willing to take part in activities such as study abroad fairs, information sessions etc.
- must be willing to respond to email queries
DAAD will give support for events by providing brochures and promotional material etc.
DAAD Young Ambassadors must regularly report about the activities carried out by them.
DAAD Young Ambassadors will be appointed by the DAAD office in New Delhi and will work on an honorary basis. The term lasts for one academic year, and may be renewed. Short profiles and photos of the selected DAAD Young Ambassadors will be posted to www.daad.in so that interested persons can contact them with questions about study in Germany. Each Young Ambassador will be provided with a dedicated DAAD email Id for the tenure.
Application and Deadline
You will need the following to complete the application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Recent photograph
- Ideas and an open mind
Apply online here.
Make sure you have you curriculum vitae and photo handy.
Application deadline: 15 July 2022
If you have any questions about the programme or application process, please write to email@example.com
Book an appointment
Get answers to all your questions about studying in Germany!
The DAAD offices are offering online as well as appointments:
DAAD News Updates
Stay up to date on DAAD’s activities in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka – from news about scholarship programs to opportunities for study and research in Germany.
Indian Students in Germany