November 20, 2019, 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Organiser: DAAD Regional Office New Delhi
Training workshop for preparing a PhD/PostDoc research proposal in the field of sciences to German universities & research centres
The DAAD in association with the German Consulate General Kolkata and academic partners is hosting this one-day workshop for young academicians who wish to visit Germany as doctoral or post-doctoral researchers.
- Inaugural address by Dr Michael Feiner, Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Kolkata
- Overview research and research funding in Germany (Aditi Gosavi, Senior Advisor - Communication, DAAD)
- How to find a research position in Germany (Dr Amitava Gupta, DAAD Research Ambassador, Jadavpur University)
- Being a researcher in Germany (Dr Sayam Sen Gupta, AvH Ambassador Scientist, IISER Kolkata)
- Career prospects for researchers and scientists (Aditi Gosavi, Senior Advisor - Communication, DAAD)
- Elements of a good research proposal (Dr Amitava Gupta, DAAD Research Ambassador, Jadavpur University and Dr Chandan Goswami, DAAD Research Ambassador, NISER Bhubaneswar)
- Group/Individual mentoring by experts
Venue: German Consulate General Kolkata, 1, Hastings Park Road, Alipore, Kolkata 700027
Participation in the workshop is only by invitation
Resource Persons and Mentors
- Prof. Dr Amitava Gupta, Jadavpur University & DAAD Research Ambassador
- Dr Chandan Goswami, NISER Bhubaneswar & DAAD Research Ambassador
- Dr Sayam Sen Gupta, IISER Kolkata & AvH Ambassador Scientist
DAAD News Updates
Stay up to date on DAAD's activities in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka - from news about scholarship programs to opportunities for study and research in Germany.
Indian Students in Germany
What’s Up, Germany?
Check out What’s Up, Germany?’s “Literature” issue on www.whatsupgermany.de