February 14, 2020, 9:00 AM to 1:45 PM
Organiser: DAAD IC Chennai
Venue: Pondicherry University - Convention cum Cultural Centre Auditorium, Kalapet, Puducherry 605014
The event has been designed for Master students or research scholars who aspire to pursue PhD or advanced research in Germany. It will consist of interactive sessions with representatives of the DAAD, German Consulate and will also have presentations by German research and research funding organisations. Participants can also interact with researchers and academicians who have or are carrying out research in Germany.
The event is open to all.
- Welcome Address by Johannes Wenzel, Director, DAAD Chennai
- Inaugural Address by Michael Wegener, Deputy Consul General, Consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany in Chennai
- Special Address by Prof S Balakrishnan, Directorate of Studies, Educational Innovations and Rural Reconstruction, Pondicherry University
- DAAD in India - 60 years of presence! by Dr Katja Lasch, Director, DAAD Regional Office New Delhi
- Higher Studies & Research in Germany – an Overview by Johannes Wenzel, DAAD Chennai
- Research & Funding
- MPG by Poonam Sehgal Suri, MPG India Office
- EURAXESS by Dr Samrat Kumar, Euraxess India
- Freie Universität Berlin by Nora Naujoks, The New Delhi Office of FU Berlin
- Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH by Eva Portius, FZ Jülich
- Mini Fair with DAAD, Max Planck India, FU Berlin, EURAXESS - Students can interact with representatives from these organisations during the coffee break
- Visa Procedures for Students & Guest Scientists by Kornelia Wegener, Head of Visa Section, German Consulate Chennai
- Research in Germany - The insider’s Perspective by Dr Christoph Woiwode, Indo German Centre for Sustainability, IIT Madras
- Chances & Challenges for Young Researchers in the Indo German Academic Scenario by Prof N Dastagiri Reddy, Pondicherry University and AvH Fellow
DAAD News Updates
Stay up to date on DAAD's activities in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka - from news about scholarship programs to opportunities for study and research in Germany.
Indian Students in Germany
What’s Up, Germany?
Check out What’s Up, Germany?’s latest issue:
"India & Germany: Close Connections"