Pondicherry, 13. October 2018 9:00 to 16:30
Session 1 - 9:30 - 10:30
1. Introduction and overview on pursuing higher studies at a German University / Research Institute
2. Preparing a CV-important part of your application. Developing a research proposal - Good writing practice, how to write an abstract and how to write a proposal
3. E-mailing style: Compact cover letter and comprehensible application package
Session 2 - 10:30 - 11:15
Group activity: Based on what has been introduced, participants will write their “future proposal”.
Session 3 - 11:45 – 12:45
Proposal Presentation and Guidance
Each group will present their proposal. Each participant will get 2-3 minutes to describe what is written by them and why they should be selected
Session 4 - 13:30 - 14 15
Discussion on potential improvements on the research proposals- learning from each other
Remarks by Dr Vasudharani Devanathan & Mr Johannes Wenzel
Session 5 - 14:15 - 15:00
Writing the Proposal
Participants re write their proposal based on the learning outcomes.
A few volunteering participants share their learning and rewritten proposals.
Session 6 - 15:30 - 16:00
Testimonial: My Research Experiences in Germany! - Dr. R. Arun Prasath
Assistant Professor, Laboratory for Energy Materials and Sustainability, Center for Green Energy Technology, Madanjeet School of Green Energy Technologies, Pondicherry University
Interactive session with participants
Session 7 - 16:00 - 16:30
DAAD PhD Funding Opportunities
Summary of the Workshop Proceedings
- Dr Vasudharani Devanathan, DAAD Research Ambassador, IISER Tirupati
- Johannes Wenzel, Director, Honorary Director, DAAD Information Center Chennai & Visiting Faculty, IIT Madras
Indian Students in Germany
What’s Up, Germany?