Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG): Research Fellowship Programme
The Institute supports research projects on European history from the early modern period until 1989/90. The fellowship primarily finances projects
- adopting a comparative or transnational approach,
- on European history with regard to its international connectedness or
- on intellectual, religious or theological history.
The IEG Fellowship provides junior scientists with the opportunity to pursue their individual research project, while living and working for a period of six to 12 months at the Institute. Every year around 20 fellowships are awarded. The monthly stipend amounts to EUR 1,350 for doctoral candidates and to EUR 1,800 for post-doctoral researchers. In addition, a family allowance will be paid, if necessary.
Number of Scholarships
- IEG scholarships for doctoral candidates: six to 12 months
- IEG scholarships for post-doctoral researchers: six to 12 months
- monthly base amount of EUR 1,350 for doctoral candidates and of EUR 1,800 for post-doctoral researchers
- family allowance, if necessary
Please find all application forms and further information on the application procedure here