Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
German Egyptian Research Short-Term Scholarship Program (GERSS) • DAAD
Who can apply?
The application is also open to non-public university staff members; however, all GERSS applicants should be affiliated to a private or public Egyptian university or Egyptian research institute. Scholarships are not awarded for general-information gathering, visits or for the participation in scientific meetings.
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
Scholarship periods are not extendable.
- A lump sum will be paid for travel and an accident and liability insurance will be provided
- Post-Doctoral scholarship holders will be granted an amount of Euro 2.145 (two thousand one hundred forty-five Euros) per month
- Doctoral and MSc scholarship holders will be granted an amount of Euro 1069 (one thousand and sixty-nine Euros) per month
- GERSS scholarship does not include family allowances
- The amounts for the DAAD health insurance will be deducted from the monthly stipend of each scholarship holder
- One additional insurance installment will be added and will begin 15 days prior to the arrival to Germany and end 15 days after the scheduled departure date to Egypt
The candidates will be selected in two rounds. First, a pre-selection is a paper-based procedure which will identify the group of applicants who will be invited for the second phase consisting of a personal interview with the GERSS independent selection committee. Pre- and final selection of the candidates should be conducted according to, but not limited to the following criteria:
- Excellent Research proposal
- Scientific merits, including:
- Quality of the proposal
- Preparation and feasibility of the project
- Quality of the acceptance letter
- Excellent study achievement