Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
The ‘Women in Engineering’ Scholarship was created to allow more qualified female students from abroad to pursue a Master’s degree programme in engineering and establish gender equality among students of English-language Master’s degree programmes at RWTH International Academy.
highly qualified female engineering students who have an excellent performance in their bachelor studies
Candidates have completed their Bachelor’s degrees with very good grade point averages and at least 12 months of professional experience in their career field. They have furthermore been admitted to one of the following Master’s degree programmes at RWTH International Academy:
- M. Sc. Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mechanical Engineering,
- M. Sc. Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering,
- M. Sc. Management and Engineering in Structural Engineering and Risk Management of Industrial Facilities,
- M. Sc. Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems,
- M. Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems,
- M. Sc. Management and Engineering in Water,
- M. Sc. Networked Production Engineering,
- M. Sc. Robotic Systems Engineering,
- M. Sc. Textile Engineering.
up to 24 months
Full tuition fees for a Master’s degree programme at RWTH International Academy over the standard study period with the exception of an administrative fee of EUR 500 per semester.
The application for the scholarship must be submitted together with the application for the programme at RWTH International Academy. The deadline is 1 March of each year. Please provide the following documents with your application:
- evidence on academic achievements showing that the applicant ranks among the top 15 % of her class
- basic knowledge of German (A1 level)
- scholarship motivation letter of 500 words
- completed application form for the scholarship https://forms.academy-rwth.de/master-office/
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Please make sure to submit all required documents at the latest by 1 March of each year.
The following criteria must be met to qualify for a scholarship
- status: graduate
- discipline: engineering (mechanical or civil engineering)
- citizenship: no restrictions
To submit an application on the DAAD Portal, please use a desktop or laptop computer as the site’s full functionality is not available on mobile devices. Technical requirements